I'm BAAAAAAAAACCCCCCKKKK!

Boy have I been a slacker!!!  Well, where the blog is concerned.  It seems like lately, Baby E, has been a real time suck and very needy.  Maybe he is going through a growth spurt.  It seems that is my excuse every time he is extra fussy or needy.  Oh well...it is nice to have an "excuse" other than "he is just a baby."  That one gets old REAL quick.  Baby Ethan turned 3 months over the weekend and we took a little mountain getaway with my parents.  

My parents own a  mountain house up in Leadville, CO.  It is the highest town in the United States; 10,200 feet to be exact.  Each year they have these insane endurance events that attract some incredible athletes.  Lance Armstrong for one.  This past weekend was the Race Across the Sky Leadville 100 Mountain Bike Race.  It is a 100 mile out-and-back course through the amazing terrain in Leadville. You reach over 12,000 feet twice during the race, and there are multiple points where 99% of riders will need to get off their bikes and walk. Many say it is harder than an Ironman Triathlon and many don't finish.  My husband and I have been wanting to go watch this race for 2 years and finally had the chance to this year. 

It was an incredible sight to see all 1,900+ riders at the starting line. We then headed up to the Pipeline which was about 28 miles into the race.  This is a switch back decent and was so cool to see all these riders barreling down one after another.  From the top of the switchbacks all the riders look like little ants.  All I could think of while watching was that if I ever do this race...I better be at the back because I will be braking the whole way down - HA.  After some cheering we spent the rest of the day napping and going on our own bike ride.  The first since Baby E had been born.  It was like a little mini-date for my husband and I.  We also spent a good hunk of time cheering on the finishers as they crossed the finish line.  The winner, an Olympian, finished in 6 hours and 23 minutes.  The woman winner in 7 hours at 16 minutes...shattering her own course record by 15 minutes!!  Majority of the people took between 9 and 12 hours to finish.  Most looking exhausted and dirty!  We also celebrated Baby E's 3 Month Birthday...Boy do we love our little dude!  He is getting so big!!  

Now I am just trying to get caught up on craft projects I have going (I start WAY too many at once), blogging and cleaning (which I never get caught up on).  Here are some sneak peeks at some things I have been working on...

Growth Chart (idea from Whipper Berry)
One of Many Fun Headbands I am creating!










0 comments: