2nd Anniversary and Anthro Inspired Gift...

I can't believe it has been 2 Years since I married my best friend.  Actually, 2 years and one week :).  It has been a great 2 years and we have a baby and a puppy as a result.  I would say we have done a pretty good job!!! However, our 10 week old seems to be using up all my brain cells.  I can no longer remember things like I used to...including our anniversary.  It snuck up on me this year. That didn't leave much time for me to figure out a gift.  Good thing we aren't huge on the gift giving!!  I did however see this cool mirror on the Anthropologie website and thought I could re-vamp it into a pretty cool anniversary gift.    
$170 was a Tad over my budget!



 My thought was to find a cheap mirror and modge podge pictures from the last 2 years around the frame of the mirror.  Well I couldn't find a mirror that I liked for a reasonable price...so it was on to idea #2.  I ended up buying a picture frame for $12 at JoAnn's, using Picnik to shrink my photos, modge podging them to the frame and then adding a monogram letter to the middle of the frame.  I removed the glass and bought a wooden F (for Fox)...spray painted it...and then attached it to the frame with eye hooks and picutre hanging wire so it looked like it was floating...I was impressed by my results!!!  Take a look:)



Picture kinda stinks...trying to multitaks while holding Baby E:)
Hope you enjoy!!!  I think the total project cost me $20 max!
  






0 comments: